It wasn't strictly a school event, but several hundred people wearing Blue Jay blue and white — and demonstrating a lot of community pride — lined Main Street in Ravenwood Saturday during the traditional summer festival celebrating "the village in the valley."
This year's festival marked the 125th anniversary of the town's founding, almost to the day.
Ravenwood was platted on land owned by Peter and Effie Hawk on Aug. 20, 1887.
Exhibits, games, contests and exhibitions took place throughout the weekend, including a potluck dinner Saturday afternoon.
Ron and Clara Sobotka served as parade grand marshals Saturday morning, drawing cheers and applause from the crowd as they rode through town on a vintage 1939 Allis- Chalmers tractor.