- Reading helps kids avoid the 'summer slide'
- Posted May 10, 2012 midnight
- Most children see summer as a break from school and homework. But taking the summer off can be problematic, and set some youngsters up to fall behind when school starts again in the fall.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- City continues effort to demolish old homes
- Healthcare funding concerns hit home
- Canine, cop partner as city's new rescue team
- Pearl Harbor hero to be honored at museum
- Big day in BJ
- New truck adds to rural firefighting arsenal
- Gravestone commemorates suffrage pioneer
- Down to earth
- Hilsabeck named state scholarship finalist
- Charity tractor cruise revs up for 2013
- Quilters aim to keep fairgoers in stitches
- Read more top stories